Sunday, December 31, 2006

My New Year's Goal for 2007

This is me favorite time of the year. I like to spend time reviewing my past year accomplishments and the one I am most proud of is my 50% annual return on 44 of 48 credit spread trades. This was a 91.7% winning trade performance and my best ever. 100% would have been better but during October and November the SPX Index would not stop rising and I had to close 4 Bear Call Spread trades. I learned from this experience and I am now a more conservative trader and look for safer trades like the ones traded this month that should be expiring on January 20th. One of the January Bear Call Spread trades filled in mid December is 194 points away from the current Index price. This trade is more than safe and their is only 18 days remaining to expiration.

My goal for 2007 and to improve on this years performance and trade the safest of trades and when I have to make an adjustment I will do it early enough so that we can break-even on the trade.

No comments: